[hibernate-dev] [OGM] The (new) remote Hot-Rod based Infinispan GridDialect

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Mon Dec 14 13:09:32 EST 2015

Does it have to be a separate module to begin with?

For MongoDB - which contains two datastore providers (MongoDB, Fongo)
and Redis - which also will have two different dialects as per Mark's
pending PR - it's one module.

We should stick to one pattern, and having one module seems easier on
the user to me. So unless you see a strong advantage for two modules
I'd say let's use one.

Regarding the provider names, "infinispan" and "infinspan-remote" seem
good. If you think remote will be more common eventually, we may
rename the current one and have "infinispan-embedded" and
"infinispan". Requires a change to existing users, but it seems
acceptable to do in 5.

I would not have "hotrod" in the name, this is a technicality I'd
prefer to not expose at this level. Rather "remote" vs. "embedded"
which will be stable also if specific protocols change.

--Gunnar