[hibernate-dev] [OGM] The (new) remote Hot-Rod based Infinispan GridDialect

Davide D'Alto davide at hibernate.org
Mon Dec 14 13:21:04 EST 2015

Sorry for the previous email, I've sent it too soon pressing some strange
keywords combination.

> We should stick to one pattern, and having one module seems easier on
> the user to me. So unless you see a strong advantage for two modules
> I'd say let's use one.

One general disadvantage I can see is that you add in the classpath
dependencies that you don't need (maybe).

> I would not have "hotrod" in the name, this is a technicality I'd
> prefer to not expose at this level. Rather "remote" vs. "embedded"

Are there other backends that could be associated with infinispan? Maybe a
different remote protocol?

> Regarding the provider names, "infinispan" and "infinspan-remote" seem
> good. If you think remote will be more common eventually, we may
> rename the current one and have "infinispan-embedded" and
> "infinispan". Requires a change to existing users, but it seems
> acceptable to do in 5.

I think that in general, remote dbs are more common. I would prefer
"infinispan-embedded" and "infinispan".

I guess based on what we decide we should also adapt the names and the
modules for Neo4j to be consistent.