[hibernate-dev] in.relation.to error when posting a new blog entry

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Feb 12 01:57:55 EST 2015

Hi, sorry I forgot about this and I'm currently away so if someone could
look at it that would be great.
I suspect it's a broken foreign key on MySQL, hopefully the error message
will have some details? Some table maintenance should do the trick.
You'll have to ssh into in.relation.to and from there connect to the MySQL
console. The connection details are in the datasource description deployed
in the AS (I don't remember them but that's a good place to read the
hostname and access credentials to the db).
The firewall on the db server will not allow you to connect from your own
place, so make sure you use the MySQL console from the in.relation.to
server.
An alternative might be to use the AWS dashboard, maybe it has some tools
for db maintenance? I usually use the terminal myself.

Thanks
Sanne