[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Sprint organization

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Feb 24 11:36:30 EST 2015

Hey,

> > * There are two types of tests in core: a) unit tests for stuff in core
> > itself and b) the "backendtck" which are high-level (i.e.
> Session/EM-level)
> > tests and which are executed for all backends.
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to have these backendtck tests defined in a
> dedicated
> module? When you mentioned it, I was literally searching for the tests you
> were
> referring to.

Sorry, I guess I should have given you the package name.

I kind of like the fact that one can execute the tests in core right away,
i.e. without any copying, or custom runner etc. Would there be any strong
advantage to having them in a separate module? If not I'd prefer to keep
the number of modules low.

> To run a specific test
> > against a specific store in your IDE, simplest is to copy it into that
> > project and run it from there.
>
> I tried using a custom runner called ClasspathSuite. See also pull request
> https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-ogm/pull/487.
> Works fine for me and seems better than copying things around.

That's a nice thing indeed. It's a bit simpler to adapt this file rather
than copying tests from core. I guess we cannot have this helper once in
core, or can we? Makes sense to have it in each backend module then I would
say.

> --Hardy

--Gunnar

> P.S. And what's the state of this TODO.txt in the core module? Shouldn't
> it be removed?

Hum, never seen that before. I guess Emmanuel needs to answer that one :)