[hibernate-dev] Strange issues with -snapshot dependencies

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Jul 9 19:31:13 EDT 2015

> I'm starting to wonder if actually sometimes Maven runs my integration
> tests using a previous SNAPSHOT build, which would be missing both the
> logs and the fix, and in those cases it could either fail or not (as
> it wasn't always reproduced).
>
> Anyone else ever seen such an issue?

I worry about this problem happening but haven't experienced it.  If
your building the SNAPSHOT build locally that you want to use, would it
make sense to give it a unique name that wouldn't be found in the remote
maven repository?  Something like:

hibernateTargetVersion = '5.0.1-SANNE-SNAPSHOT'

That might be a pita but at least you would have more confidence that
its right.

Another approach would be to disassemble (jad or procyon-decompiler) one
of the SNAPSHOT jar classes to see if your code changes are in it.