[hibernate-dev] Hosting of binaries

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Jul 28 03:58:06 EDT 2015

+1, same order of preference.

I'd add that when SourceForge was recently in the news because of
their ethical mistakes, I thought we should move.. but that seems to
have calmed down so my preference would be to stay there still for
historical reasons: good for users to have a stable home for the long
term.

We don't need to keep releases on hold right? I'd say release stuff as
usual, and archive the tarballs for deferred uploads to SF, even if it
takes a month to fix that's not a blocking issue for us, as long as we
have Maven repositories.

JBoss.org's mirror system sounds tempting. Since both are scriptable,
we could upload to both (not to SF for the moment), and slowly
deprecate SF? To keep stability in the long term, we'd need to move to
a system in which we own the URL (should be listed as hibernate.org).

Sanne