[hibernate-dev] Hosting of binaries

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue Jul 28 04:04:37 EDT 2015

Hi,

> 1. Be patient with Sourceforge (but for how long?)

+1, question is whether we go ahead with the releases and just mention
on the blog that binary package will be available (one day) in the future.
At least we can go on with things.

> 2. go for download.jboss.org and before that ask around for the process and stability of the infrastructure

+1 I liked the idea of having the binary releases where the source is aka on GitHub, but as you say,
there are no statistics, the whole things seems to be purely web UI driven and there might be no guarantee
on whether this will work in the future.

Maybe we could already reach out to the people in charge of download.jboss.org to find out

#a can we even use their service
#b how does it work (simple scp upload!?)

If we ever go down the jboss.org path, do we want to migrate the existing binary releases from SourceForge?

--Hardy