[hibernate-dev] new proposal for tx timeout handling using transaction DISASSOCIATING event notification...

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 10 11:44:59 EDT 2015

Scott, I am not following.  Pardon me if I am being dense :)

Today, in our afterCompletion hooks we have code that, in the case of
rollback, tries to make a determination of whether the rollback is due to a
timeout or a "normal" rollback.  If we deem a timeout occurred, then we
delay the afterCompletion processing.

So how, specifically, would this be different in what you propose?

Are you saying that with this listener approach, that the listener would be
notified of disassociation prior to the afterCompletion callback on our
RegisteredSynchronization?  But in the timeout case, the disassociation
would happen later?