[hibernate-dev] Changelog file in Hibernate ORM

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Fri May 29 03:15:51 EDT 2015

> On 28 May 2015, at 10:42, Hardy Ferentschik <hardy at hibernate.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 10:01:51PM -0400, Brett Meyer wrote:
>> +1 from me.  Although, on the other hand, do we really need to keep maintaining that to begin with?  I guess I never thought simply having users go to the JIRA release notes was a big deal.  Just my $.02.
>
> Same for me on both counts, the proposed handling of changelog.txt as well as Brett's comment regarding the usefulness of this file altogether.

A more frequent than I thought usage of changelog vs JIRA is a mix of Ctrl+F + quick scan to know what has changed in a library or know what is affecting me. JIRA is not the most intuitive UI in the universe. With allt he bug statuses, the various intermediary releases to select etc, nothing beats changelog.txt.