[hibernate-dev] HQL and spatial

Karel Maesen karel at geovise.com
Mon Nov 9 15:52:41 EST 2015

Hi Steve,

> On 02 Nov 2015, at 16:16, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
>
> Any further thoughts?
>
> I looked over the link you gave in regards to literals, but did not fully understand.  I'd prefer this follow some "escape syntax" form, beyond that maybe you could just enumerate the literal types you'd want to support and their formats.

Spatial literals would be really nice to have, but then it is best to have also spatial functions in the grammar. So let’s try to add them. The escape syntax form is OK for me. We can have something like ‘{gm ‘SRID=4326;POINT(4.6 52.1)’}’ for a geometry literal.

How do we proceed? Do I write something up informally? Or is there a formalism you prefer?

> ALso, I have not seen any discussion around "boolean-function-expressions as predicates" on SQM-15…

I’ll add some comments on that issue.

Regards,

Karel