[hibernate-dev] A few questions about Search 5.5.0

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 15:43:33 EDT 2015

Hi,

I upgraded our framework to 5.5.0 and I have a few questions about it.

==
First, I had to remove the existing indexes otherwise I had exceptions
about version of the index. Is this expected? As far as I remember, it's
been a long time since we had to remove the indexes after an upgrade.

Caused by: org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFormatTooOldException: Format
version is not supported (resource
BufferedChecksumIndexInput(MMapIndexInput(path="/data/services/test/data/helios/lucene/fr.openwide.helios.core.business.ticket.model.MessageFile/segments_1"))):
-11 (needs to be between 1071082519 and 1071082519). This version of
Lucene only supports indexes created with release 4.0 and later.

Maybe it should be integrated in the blog post that one might need to
clean up indexes if they come from before the switch to Lucene 4?

==
Second, I have warnings like that in my logs:
HSEARCH000289: Requested sort field(s) company.nameSort, nameSort are not
configured for entity type
fr.openwide.helios.core.business.contract.model.HeliosContract mapped to
index fr.openwide.helios.core.business.contract.model.HeliosContract, thus
an uninverting reader must be created. You should declare the missing sort
fields using @SortField.

Shouldn't it be @Sort*able*Field?

==
And finally, since recently, it's necessary to sort dates using
SortField.Type.LONG instead of SortField.Type.STRING. I haven't found this
information in the blog posts of any releases. Or did I miss something?

--
Guillaume