[hibernate-dev] OGM: convergence for a 5.0.0.Final ?

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 6 09:05:53 EDT 2016

+1 For doing the Final next week or maybe the one after. We could focus for
one day or two to address the remaining (doc) issues.

One further thing missing would be the slot rename you recently suggested.
Note that the 4.2 core module would be added implicitly if the 4.2 module
sets (using slot "main") and 5.0 module sets both are around. So the doc
should say how to disable the implicitly added 4.2 in such case, if needed.
Thinking about it, would it actually work with only the "5.0" slot is
present? Not that the code adding the implicit dependency stumbles upon
this...

>  OGM-817 Adapt to changes around auto-quoting

That'd be needing a bit more thoughts/time though.

I think we could do that in a subsequent release, too. Normally, ORM will
quote specific table names (e.g. "Module") but the OGM integration disables
that by default. In a subsequent release we'd have to drive it ideally
based on actually reserved keywords for specific stores.