[hibernate-dev] 5.3?

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Aug 18 08:42:02 EDT 2016

On 08/17/2016 03:54 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:
> For whatever reason discussion about JavaMoney/Moneta support has heated up
> again the past few days.  Is this important enough to warrant a 5.3 release?

My (late) vote is to rename 5.2 -> 6.0 and have the 5.3 release be based
on the current ORM 5.1 branch.  5.3 would include changes that are
compatible with ORM 5.0.x applications (so that 5.0 users can migrate to
5.3, without having to rewrite code).  5.2 users would then migrate to
6.0, which would continue to have the same changes (plus whatever else
is included).  I'm thinking that this would open up a path for new ORM
features to be made available to ORM 5.0.x applications, via the 5.3+
releases.