[hibernate-dev] 5.3?

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 18 15:52:26 EDT 2016

I'm not following the 5.2 -> 6.0 piece.  You mean because we merged the JPA
contracts into our version of those contracts directly?  That led to very
few *real* migration problems.  The only ones I know of are the once where
we had to rename the Hibernate version of a method because JPA happened to
use the same name mainly around enums.

And also we do not have the resources to simultaneously develop new
features on multiple branches.  We've been there before[1].  So whether you
want to name 5.2 6.0 or whatever, the point is the same.. from that point
on that is where we focus new feature dev on top of... not backwards... not
to multiple places...

[1] https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/wiki/Huge-Project,-Small-Team