[hibernate-dev] 6.0 - Query literal rendering

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sat Dec 31 09:25:25 EST 2016

Currently in 6.0 I have code in place to render query literals as
PreparedStatement parameters, but only outside the SELECT clause.  Many DBs
require special handling for parameters defined in the SELECT clause
general requiring to wrap in cast functions calls.

I think it may be beneficial to allow the user to control this via a
setting.  Specifically a multi-valued (enum) value with the following
possibility set:

   1. NEVER
   2. ALWAYS
   3. OUTSIDE_SELECT

First, does anyone have an issue with this proposal?  Secondly does anyone
see other concerns that should be take into account?