[hibernate-dev] 6.0 - Session#createFilter

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sat Dec 31 15:00:05 EST 2016

As I have not been hearing hardly any feedback on these 6.0 design
questions I have been trying to start, I'll be doing something different in
this and any additional emails.. I'll state what I propose to do and if
anyone has issue with it they can make a counter proposal.  Otherwise I
plan on following through with my proposal.

I plan on removing Session#createFilter.  There are numerous reasons why
which I can discuss if anyone is interested in exploring this.

Ultimately I think it makes sense to handle this via Java 8 streams[1]
although I am not sure that needs to happen in 6.0

[1] https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-10962