[hibernate-dev] Batch version data support in Dialect

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 00:58:34 EST 2016

Hi,

While browsing the PRs on GitHub, I stumbled on this issue:

https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-10290

In the current implementation, the hibernate.jdbc.batch_versioned_data
property is set to true and
we override it at Dialect-level as follows:

public Oracle12cDialect() {
   super();
   getDefaultProperties().setProperty( Environment.BATCH_VERSIONED_DATA,
"true" );
}

Wouldn't it be better if the Dialect had a methods like:

boolean supportsBatchVersionedData();

and we wouldn't change the environment setting?
With this method added, the user can override the Dialect setting using the
environment variable.
With the current implementation, we always override that setting.

Vlad