[hibernate-dev] staging Blog site

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Thu Jan 14 04:31:28 EST 2016

> I thought those must be in-sync, like in a typical QA and production
> environment where you push changes from develop -> qa -> production

Staging can differ from production (usually be ahead) for previewing
changes. Then "releasing" is just a fast-forward merge from staging to
production. We don't enforce any specific workflow, though (like only
merges from staging are legit to production or so).

Personally, when using staging, I always try to leave it set to (or
fast-forwardable to) production when I am done with a given authoring
job. So the next guy coming after me doesn't have to care about any
non-published commits on staging.