[hibernate-dev] Regarding release versioning

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 03:09:04 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have seen the frustration from the Spring Data team trying to keep up
with our code changes that break their integrations,
and I was wondering if we should use some Release candidates prior to
releasing a start of a branch, even if it's a minor one.
This way, instead of 5.2.0, we could release 5.2.0.RC1 or something like
that to mark it as an intermediary release that's aimed for early
adopters/integrators.

Do you think this is feasible or is there something to prevent us from
doing this?

Vlad