[hibernate-dev] HHH-10888

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 17:37:01 EDT 2016

Currently, Hibernate's implementation of
javax.persistence.metamodel.PluralAttribute#isAssociation always returns
true. I haven't found anything in JSR 338 (yet) that refers to an element
collection as an association.

I don't see a good definition of "association", but the term is used with
respect to entities. I also see examples of @ElementCollection with
@AttributeOverride, but none with @AssociationOverride.

The change suggested in HHH-10888 is to have
PluralAttributeImpl#isAssociation return true only for one-to-many and
many-to-many. I believe this is correct, but it breaks a couple of tests
that specifically check if an element collection is an association.

I wanted to pass this by you in case I'm missing something here.

Please take a look at the pull request to see the fix and the required test
changes. [1]

Thanks,
Gail

https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/pull/1447