[hibernate-dev] Everyone: Need volunteers for mentoring GSOC

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Sun Mar 6 08:03:08 EST 2016

On 5 March 2016 at 19:56, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added a proposal for "Hibernate Search: JSR 352 batch job for
> re-indexing entities":

Looks great!
A couple more thoughts about this one:
 - should we suggest testing with different 2lc patterns, or keep it
more open to suggest exploring additional ideas to push the indexing
times down?
 - do we need to clarify that we expect people to load such entities
through their (existing) Hibernate mappings?

I can see how somebody might think he can do better by hand-rolling
SQL, but the goal should be to have the framework figure out the
optimal way without users having to maintain such SQL.. so this might
optionally produce some more general purpose optimisations to
Hibernate ORM's fetch strategy implementations.

Most importantly: you're mentoring this one?

Thanks,
Sanne