[hibernate-dev] NoORM team meeting minutes

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 10:08:22 EDT 2016

Hi all,

It just occurred to me this morning that I forgot to send the minutes
of the last NoORM team meeting.

So, here they are:

http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/hibernate-dev/2016/hibernate-dev.2016-08-30-13.00.html
http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/hibernate-dev/2016/hibernate-dev.2016-08-30-13.00.txt
http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/hibernate-dev/2016/hibernate-dev.2016-08-30-13.00.log.html

As for the grouping discussion and concerning the issue with
properties generated by the datastore, the issue is that we need to
flush the pending changes and get the generated values from the
datastore before processing the generated properties (and potentially
putting the entity in the cache).

The 2 proposals to get it working were:
1. when one does a tuple or association read, we check the cache of
operations and flush it if the entity has generated values
2. we call an explicit GridDialect new method when we refresh the
entry to read the generated value

IMHO, 2. was the best option (it's easier to control when the
operations are really executed) so that's what I implemented in the PR
I just posted.

--
Guillaume