[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search: Adding more "hidden" fields to the index

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Apr 27 09:23:07 EDT 2017

To better implement recovery operations during MassIndexer
[HSEARCH-2616] - specifically in the context of the upcoming JBatch
based implementation - I'm considering the benefits of adding one more
field the the Lucene index for our internal purposes.

This new field is only useful for Hibernate Search internals so we
shouldn't allow it to be targeted by queries, etc..

There is a single precedent: we already encode the entity name, so
"hiding fields" is not a new problem that we have to deal with. It
might be a reason to polish the existing concept and improve the
encapsulation.

Would anyone have a strong case against this?

Thanks,