[hibernate-dev] OGM - Let's remove Fongo support

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 11:40:11 EDT 2017

Hi,

So, in OGM, for MongoDB, we also support running the tests with Fongo which
is an in-memory Java (more or less accurate) MongoDB implementation.

It has a cost as Fongo behaves differently and we have to disable
tests/implement different tests without any real benefits IMHO:
- it's easy to run MongoDB embedded for testing: this is what we use by
default
- we leave in a Docker world so people might also spawn a containerized
MongoDB instance for testing

When moving to the new MongoDB API, we have a couple more
differences/things not working with Fongo and I really don't see the point
of maintaining this. It adds an unnecessary burden to changes made to the
MongoDB datastore.

If no one speaks against it, I'll remove it soon.

--
Guillaume