[hibernate-dev] Killing hibernate-jpa-api ?

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Dec 13 07:54:27 EST 2017

Considering the spec contracts are defined by the EG under the JCP, I'm not
sure where we ever stood legally with publishing this under any other
license.  Either way, I am not concerned about the license aspect - I think
it is a reasonable expectation that if I am using a jar produced by a spec
that use of that jar is covered by the JCP under which it was produced.

Sanne, my concern about publishing the relocation artifact is that the
expectation is that we keep publishing them ever time there is a new spec
version.  Right?