[hibernate-dev] Infinispan modules contains hibernate-search-orm

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Dec 22 07:40:08 EST 2017

On 22 December 2017 at 12:39, Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade OGM 5.2 to WildFly 11 so that we don't release
> modules for an outdated version of WildFly when we'll push this release (I
> already did the upgrade in my ORM 5.2 support branch so it's mostly
> backporting and tracking issues).
>
> I have an issue with the Infinispan modules (and I don't understand why we
> didn't have the issue earlier but it's another subject).
>
> They contain an hibernate-search-orm module pointing to an
> org.hibernate:5.2 module, which means that we would need to deploy an ORM
> 5.2 in WildFly whereas I don't think it's necessary.
>
> Is there a use case for having hibernate-search-orm in Infinispan? It's not
> referenced in other modules of the Infinispan modules zip (
> http://search.maven.org/#search|gav|1|g%3A"org.infinispan"%20AND%20a%3A"infinispan-wildfly-modules")
> and the slot is very specific so I wouldn't expect people to deploy it and
> use it outside of Infinispan.

You're right, there's no use case for that as it's not used for the
purposes of infinispan-query - which requires hibernate-search-engine,
expect that they are supposed to run integration tests with the
`hibernate-search-orm` module included in WildFly. They should not
distribute these other hibernate search module versions though.

> I would vote for not distributing this module with the Infinispan modules
> if it's not too much work.

I'm pretty sure I didn't have those modules in the past. Looks like a
regression in the Infinispan build.