[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Validator 6.0.0.Alpha1 is out with initial Bean Validation 2.0 support

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at hibernate.org
Thu Feb 16 09:51:38 EST 2017

Hi,

It's with great pleasure that I announce the release of Hibernate Validator
6.0.0.Alpha1.

This release is coordinated with the Bean Validation 2.0 Early Draft 1
release that happened earlier this week [1].

Hibernate Validator 6 will be the reference implementation of Bean
Validation 2.0, but it's also a place to experiment with the future
additions to the spec.

Apart from initial Bean Validation 2.0 support, this version comes with a
lot of good things:
- some Java 8 goodness,
- nested type use constraints and nested cascaded validation
- lambda based constraint definition
- Duration support (and a much improved java.time support coming as part of
Bean Validation 2.0)

As explained in the announce on in.relation.to [2], we are looking forward
to your feedback on these features. They might be refined and included in
the next Bean Validation 2.0 iteration if they get enough traction.

Have a nice day!

[1]
http://beanvalidation.org/news/2017/02/14/bean-validation-2-0-early-draft-released/
[2] http://in.relation.to/2017/02/16/hibernate-validator-600-alpha1-out/