[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] heads up git users!

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Jan 23 06:39:30 EST 2017

Hi all,

I'm soon going to rename branches on the reference repository
 [https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search]

"master" branch is going to be renamed "5.6"

"5.7" branch is going to be renamed "master"

If you keep this in mind, you should be able to avoid any trouble:
rebase as usual before sending PRs, just make sure you updated your
local references to match the reference and then use the new names
during the rebase.
If you get in trouble.. I'm open to help out.

Reminder: with git what matters is the commit signature: "renaming"
just means we're moving the labels from one branch to the other; the
branch itself is not being affected.

Thanks,