[hibernate-dev] NoORM - New groupId and relocation artifacts

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Jan 30 11:26:40 EST 2017

Well let's investigate what this consistency means across projects first.
As Sanne mentions, if it makes it building ORM more difficult then I'd be
-1 it too.  But I promise to take a peek when I get back from PTO in a few
days.  Or maybe Andrea can in the next few days as he already has worked on
the changes to release relocation artifacts for ORM; I just do not know
when he is coming back from PTO.  Either way we will have looked at it for
ORM by the end of week.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 7:11 AM Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet at gmail.com>
wrote:

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org>
wrote:

> Different projects have different needs. Consistency is nice, and
> certainly makes it easier to find oneself comfortably "at home" when
> jumping from one project to another, but it also is inconvenient to do
> things "for consistency" when one has different requirements.

I don't think we would have different requirements regarding the relocation
artifacts.

But if you see any issue with the approach we chose for HV, interesting in
hearing them so that we can have the same approach for the different NoORM
project.

--
Guillaume