[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Commons project

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:57:54 EST 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 5:36 PM, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

> Disclaimer : I have not yet looked at the Asciidoc style.  Again I promise
> to look  at it when I come back from PTO.  That said I want to make certain
> that the developed style matches the new ORM documentation style.  The
> design team at Red Hat spent a lot of time helping us develop that.
> Specifically I mean the banners and general color scheme

So that you don't waste your time looking for the differences: they are not
similar.

There were a lot of things disturbing me in the current ORM theme (the
black banner too aggressive, the lots of fonts loaded, the old icons for
warning/note, some overriding that I don't find strictly necessary and
don't think are worth maintaining...). The one I put there is simpler and
doesn't override that many things (apart from adding the logo with the
banner).

That being said, it's possible to use part of what I pushed and have
specific parts for what you want to keep. It was designed that way.
Typically, I think you might be interested by the PDF theme anyway.

If others think the ORM theme should be the one we enforce, I'll push it
but I won't maintain the theme if it breaks in the future (and I'm really
not convinced by the output).

All in all, not a subject to work on while you're on PTO :).

--
Guillaume