[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM 5.0 test failures

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 13 04:21:51 EDT 2017

Byteman needs to open a socket into the JVM to inject its magic: you
can't otherwise rewrite the bytecode of any class.

Since various tools we use, like Byteman, Arquillian, Infinispan,
WildFly, JGroups, and probably some others I'm forgetting require
network ports we normally run CI build jobs in isolated machines.

So when you see a "BindException: Address already in use" it's most
likely caused by configuration issue of the build job not following
these guidelines?
A rare alternative explanation is that some other phase of your same
build was not shut down correctly and is still holding on the port,
this might require more careful handling of resources.

Restarting the job might help to figure out in which case you are.

Thanks,
Sanne