[hibernate-dev] New layout for the website

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 12:08:03 EDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Davide D'Alto <davide at hibernate.org> wrote:

> There is a background behind the title, the subtitle, the release
> version and the  "Documentation".
> The end result is that it's hard to understand what's a link or button
> and therefore can be clicked.
>
> I think it would work better without any background colour.

Yes, as you know, I disagree. I think it makes the website more colourful
and the header less empty.

I think the buttons have a proper style you can't really mix with a simple
background.

As for the documentation page, I must agree there is maybe a bit too much
of background in the content of the page but it's really not easy to make
it look appealing.

Note that I just pushed a commit to make the buttons look consistent
everywhere with the icon at the right so that they are more easily
recognizable. I hope it helps a bit.

> I like the documentation page, I was surprised that we didn't use the
> same approach for the releases page.

We might discuss that later. For now, it's basically the same pages Yoann
pushed this morning, just a bit more colourful.

--
Guillaume