[hibernate-dev] Releases and CI setup

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 12:09:17 EDT 2018

Hi,

So, as expected, I'm not very happy with the new CI setup when doing
releases.

The issue is that each commit to ORM triggers at least 5 jobs (5.0, 5.1,
5,2, master-h2, master-check) which takes all the slave bandwidth we have.

Note that I'm talking of ORM because it's where the issue is the most
prominent but I'm pretty sure I would have the same issue with HV,
considering we now have quite a few maintenance branches, except that the
HV builds are faster.

So I would say:
- either we fix the issue we have with all the branches being tested for
each commit that we discussed numerous times
- or we need a mechanism to start specific slaves for releases - but I'm
not sure it's fast enough tbh

Because it's really annoying. Especially when you have to run your release
job 3 times in a row due to SF.net issues...

Releasing is already a tedious process, let's not make it even more tedious.

(yeah I know it's not the first time I complain about it but it's really
worse than it was before)

--
Guillaume