[hibernate-dev] Releases and CI setup

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:42:15 EDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 8:34 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org>
wrote:

> Starting a new slave only takes 3 minutes, but I believe it has to be
> a "manual start" from its admin dashboard as Jenkins's scaling plugin
> is limited.
>
> Fixing the Jenkins triggers would be my preference.

Yeah, last time we discussed this on HipChat, I have all the useful
pointers. The code changes to the official plugin would be minimal. The
only thing I'm worried about is how we would maintain this plugin.

Alternatively:
>  - we could look at pipelines

How would they solve the issue?

>  - run all jobs within Docker -> improved isolation would allow us to
> run N builds per machine

Would that help? I.e. are the machines we start powerful enough to run
several jobs in parallel?

I suspect, it wouldn't change the issue, just change the numbers of servers
we would need (which might be good anyway but is not related to the issue
at hand).

--
Guillaume