[hibernate-dev] Releasing Hibernate ORM 5.2.18.Final?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 16 10:05:41 EDT 2018

It's never realistic to say "it's THE last ..." so I guess I agree we
can show a bit of flexibility - but people should not get used to it,
we can not re-establish a plan of regular releases from 5.2.

We have to severely limit the time we can dedicate to it. Also please
make sure people are motivated to update to 5.3, they better have
extremely good reasons to not upgrade, and I would like to know more
about those reasons. Could you take some notes when you hear such war
stories?

Of course we can be more flexible with needs of contributors. If
someone needs a backport and is volunteering to do 90% of the work
then we can help, but we can't spend significant more time than
approve changes and trigger the release jobs. No blogs.

Thanks!