[hibernate-dev] 5.3.0 release tomorrow
steve at hibernate.org
Thu Feb 1 08:34:00 EST 2018
If it's stuff that's ready to go, go for it. I'll send out an email when
I'm ready to start.
On Thu, Feb 1, 2018, 7:28 AM Vlad Mihalcea <mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> Is it ok to commit on the master branch today or should we wait for 5.3 to
> be released?
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 4:03 AM, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
>> I am waiting until I hear back from Joel from Sonatype regarding disabling
>> the JBoss Nexus -> OSSRH sync for ORM artifacts before I can release.
>> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 10:06 AM Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet at gmail.com
>> > On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 4:54 PM, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
>> > wrote:
>> >> Yes, I agree. As it is, it is very likely that in 2 weeks we will have
>> >> ORM 5.3.0.CR1. So even if you did do a OGM release at that time we are
>> >> going to be limited in what exactly we can change if we find changes
>> >> needed.
>> >> Interestingly this goes back to earlier discussions about "release
>> >> early/often" for the purpose of identifying regressions. Granted there
>> >> y'all were talking about 5.2, but the same happens here from the ORM
>> >> perspective in 5.3. We need to not be dragging version non-stable
>> >> out as we continue to wait for +1's from all integrators (Search, OGM,
>> >> Spring, etc).
>> > Yes, for a lot of reasons (good and bad) we were really bad with the ORM
>> > 5.2 support in OGM.
>> > We are very aware of that and the idea is to not do that again :).
>> > We (probably Davide) will let you know about our progress soon.
>> > --
>> > Guillaume
>> hibernate-dev mailing list
>> hibernate-dev at lists.jboss.org
More information about the hibernate-dev