[hibernate-dev] 5.3.0 release tomorrow
mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 08:28:26 EST 2018
Is it ok to commit on the master branch today or should we wait for 5.3 to
On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 4:03 AM, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> I am waiting until I hear back from Joel from Sonatype regarding disabling
> the JBoss Nexus -> OSSRH sync for ORM artifacts before I can release.
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 10:06 AM Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet at gmail.com>
> > On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 4:54 PM, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
> > wrote:
> >> Yes, I agree. As it is, it is very likely that in 2 weeks we will have
> >> ORM 5.3.0.CR1. So even if you did do a OGM release at that time we are
> >> going to be limited in what exactly we can change if we find changes are
> >> needed.
> >> Interestingly this goes back to earlier discussions about "release
> >> early/often" for the purpose of identifying regressions. Granted there
> >> y'all were talking about 5.2, but the same happens here from the ORM
> >> perspective in 5.3. We need to not be dragging version non-stable
> >> out as we continue to wait for +1's from all integrators (Search, OGM,
> >> Spring, etc).
> > Yes, for a lot of reasons (good and bad) we were really bad with the ORM
> > 5.2 support in OGM.
> > We are very aware of that and the idea is to not do that again :).
> > We (probably Davide) will let you know about our progress soon.
> > --
> > Guillaume
> hibernate-dev mailing list
> hibernate-dev at lists.jboss.org
More information about the hibernate-dev