[hibernate-dev] hibernate.org ORM release series page

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 09:36:04 EST 2018

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 3:06 PM, Yoann Rodiere <yoann at hibernate.org> wrote:

> @Guillaume, all: I also changed the links of other projects to point to
> Maven Central instead of the JBoss Nexus, because the JBoss Nexus requires
> authentication. And, well, also because... Nexus.

Frankly, I find the new Maven Central links (we used JBoss Nexus before
that) you created far more useful than the Bintray page.

Compare:
https://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3Aorg.hibernate.validator%20AND%20a%3Ahibernate-validator%2A%20AND%20v%3A6.0.7.Final
with
https://bintray.com/hibernate//artifacts/hibernate-orm/5.3.0.Beta2#

One goes straight to the point and for the other, it's not that obvious.

And this page is very nice too:
https://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.hibernate.validator%7Chibernate-validator-relocation%7C6.0.7.Final%7Cpom

On Bintray, the first artifact presented is agroal which is a bit weird
(yeah I know, alphabetical order but we do better on our pages).

If it were me I would vote for having this layout
http://staging.hibernate.org/validator/releases/6.0/ + the link to
search.maven.org for all the projects. I don't think the Bintray page is
better than what you did with search.maven.org.

By the way, Bintray should test its UI with Firefox too, it's full of
annoying usability bugs (I experienced 2 just by checking the ORM page)...

--
Guillaume