[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Validating our artifacts don't rely on JBoss-only dependencies

Yoann Rodiere yoann at hibernate.org
Thu Feb 22 06:07:48 EST 2018

Hello,

TL;DR: can I move hibernate-ogm-infinispan-remote tests to the
integrationtest module, since they are actually integration tests?

During one of our previous IRC meetings, I mentioned that we did some
changes in the Hibernate Search POMs to remove the need for custom settings
when building. The idea was to hard-code the JBoss repositories in the POMs
of modules that need them, so that other modules would be built using Maven
Central only. This way, we would make sure our modules only rely on
dependencies that are available in Maven Central, not some obscure
artifacts only available in the JBoss Maven repository.

I am trying to do the same in OGM, but there is one problem: for this to be
possible at all, integration tests that do require those exotic
dependencies need to be in a separate Maven module.
It turns out some tests implemented in the infinispan-remote module require
to spin up an Infinispan server, which does have exotic dependencies (it's
basically a WildFly server, if I understood correctly).

Thus, in order to remove the need for custom settings when building, I
would need to move those tests to the integrationtest module. They are
integration tests, after all, since they need a running Infinispan server
to work.

Would anyone object to that?

--
Yoann Rodiere