[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Validating our artifacts don't rely on JBoss-only dependencies

Yoann Rodiere yoann at hibernate.org
Thu Feb 22 08:09:48 EST 2018

> The integrationtest folder is more to test the hibernate-ogm-modules
> and have some
> checks that the dialects work with WildFly really.

I could move the current integration tests to integrationtest/wildfly and
create a new integrationtest/infinispan-remote module? Then it would be
clear which test is about which integration.

> Can't we keep them in the same module but in a different profile
> disabled by default?
> Actually, it should already skip them with the option skipITs.

Maybe we could... But I'm a bit worried about having hard-coded
repositories in POMs that will be consumed by our users. From what I
understood it caused some problems in the past, because those hard-coded
repos have the nasty habit of contaminating every consuming POM. Even with
a profile, some users depending on infinispan-remote and activating an
"integrationtest" profile of their own would unknowingly enable the JBoss
repositories, I think.
All in all, if we really need to keep them in the same module, I think it
would be safer not to proceed with my changes. But of course my preference
would be to move them to another module :)