[hibernate-dev] Why do we have the date in the URL of blog posts?

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 06:49:56 EDT 2018

Hi,

The data in the post slug only makes sense for news sites where posts are
highly associated to a given date.

In our case, the data works against us as people might think an article is
outdated by just inspecting the slug and thinking that
a 3 year-old article might not be relevant anymore.

It's better if we use simple slug names that capture the article focus
keywords and remove the date altogether.

Vlad