[hibernate-dev] Why do we have the date in the URL of blog posts?

Yoann Rodiere yoann at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 22 08:24:55 EDT 2018

> The data in the post slug only makes sense for news sites where posts are
highly associated to a given date.

A lot of our posts are. Release announcements and weekly newsletters in
particular.

I personally don't see the problem with dates in URLs. I don't see any
problem with not having them, either. But I do see a problem with changing
the URL scheme: potential dead links, SEO nightmare... We would need a damn
good reason to do it, and I'm not sure those you mentioned are enough...