[hibernate-dev] Chat migration - D minus 115 until the death of HipChat

Yoann Rodiere yoann at hibernate.org
Tue Nov 6 05:40:42 EST 2018

I think all day-to-day users of our chat voted. Here are the results:

IRC:     4 Yes, 5 "if need be", 6 no.
Slack:   5 Yes, 3 "if need be", 7 no
Zulip:   5 Yes, 3 "if need be", 7 no
Gitter: 10 Yes, 1 "if need be", 4 no

It seems Gitter won. That's the only option with more "Yes" than "No"...
It's got the most "Yes" (even counting "if need be"), and perhaps more
importantly it's got the least amount of "no".

To those who voted no: if you have specific concerns about Gitter, could
you please mention them here? Maybe we can find solutions to some of the
problems.

I'll look into moving the Hibernate Search chat to Gitter and will report
back on this thread.

Yoann Rodière
Hibernate NoORM Team
yoann at hibernate.org