[hibernate-dev] Chat migration - D minus 115 until the death of HipChat

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 04:58:00 EST 2018

Hi,

So, one thing I find particularly annoying with Gitter now that we are
trying to use it for real interactions is the lack of notification sounds
in the webapp. When you're focused on your work, it's really easy to miss
the visual ones and having a sound really helped on HipChat.

There is an open issue here:
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitter/webapp/issues/735 .

AFAICS in the commit log, there's one person working on Gitter and it's not
making tremendous progress.

(Yeah, I know, it's Open Source, I can contribute...)

--
Guillaume