[hibernate-dev] API removal proposal: org.hibernate.resource.jdbc.ResourceRegistry#cancelLastQuery

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Aug 16 13:16:02 EDT 2019

Hi all,

is this method needed?

 - org.hibernate.resource.jdbc.ResourceRegistry#cancelLastQuery

It seems undocumented, untested, and everything compiles just fine if
I just delete it - however it seems marked as API.

But also, I suppose this should be invoked by a different thread as
the one actually running the query? Which would imply this
implementation would need to be threadsafe, but it's not.

My primary reason to explore its removal though is that this method is
in the way of some optimisations I'd like to apply to this class, so
it would be quite useful for me to be able to remove it - assuming
that it's no longer of interest to anyone else.

Thanks,