[hibernate-dev] ConnectionObserver

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Aug 20 13:40:29 EDT 2019

While refactoring some related optimisations, I noticed there's
currently no way to register a custom ConnectionObserver.

There seems to be only one implementation, which is registered by default:
 - org.hibernate.internal.ConnectionObserverStatsBridge#ConnectionObserverStatsBridge

Some questions:

# Is this expected?

# Should we deprecate the SPI so to make this more explict in the
future, and possibly eventually discuss removing it?

# Since I'm working on performance optimisations, may I take advantage
currently of the fact that there's only one registered? We're
currently iterating "the list of obeservers"...

Thanks