[hibernate-dev] ConnectionObserver

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Tue Aug 20 16:43:19 EDT 2019

In 4.2 and 4.3, it was possible to add a ConnectionObserver
using org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.LogicalConnectionImplementor#addObserver(ConnectionObserver
observer).

Starting in 5.0, LogicalConnectionImplementor was moved
to org.hibernate.resource.jdbc.spi, and it's no longer possible to add a
ConnectionObserver.

For now, I think it's OK to change JdbcObserverImpl#observers from a
List<ConnectionObserver>, to:

private final transient ConnectionObserver observer;

Also, I'm fine with ConnectionObserver being deprecated, and later removed.

Steve, WDYT?