[hibernate-dev] JDK 12: First Release Candidate available

Rory O'Donnell rory.odonnell at oracle.com
Mon Feb 18 06:37:10 EST 2019

Hi Sanne,

**OpenJDK builds *- JDK 12 Early Access build 32 **is now available **at
: - jdk.java.net/12/*
**JDK 12:  First Release Candidate [1]**

  * Per the JDK 12 schedule [2], we are now in Release Candidate Phase.
  * The stabilization repository, jdk/jdk12, is open for P1 bug fixes
    per the JDK Release Process (JEP 3) [3].
  * All changes require approval via the Fix-Request Process [4].
  *
    Release note additions since last email

        Build 31 - can_pop_frame and can_force_early_return capabilities
        are disabled if JVMCI compiler is used (JDK-8218025
        <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8218025>) The JVMTI
        |can_pop_frame| and |can_force_early_return| capabilities are
        disabled if a JVMCI compiler (like Graal) is used. As a result
        the corresponding functionality (|PopFrame| and
        |ForceEarlyReturnXXX| functions) is not available to JVMTI
        agents. This issue is being fixed via JDK-8218885
        <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8218885>
        [https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8218885
        <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8218885>].

      o Build 28: JDK-8212233
        <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8212233> : javadoc
        fails on jdk12 with "The code being documented uses modules but
        the packages defined in $URL are in the unnamed module."
  * Changes in this build.
    <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk12/log?rev=reverse%28%22jdk-12%2B31%22%3A%3A%22jdk-12%2B32%22-%22jdk-12%2B31%22%29>

**OpenJDK builds *- JDK 13 Early Access build 8 is **now available **at
: - jdk.java.net/13/*

  * These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the
      o GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
        Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Release Notes updates
  * Build 8
      o GraphicsEnvironment.getCenterPoint()/getMaximumWindowBounds()
        are unified across the platforms (JDK-8214918
        <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8214918>)
      o The experimental FIPS 140 compliant mode has been removed from
        the SunJSSE provider. (JDK-8217835
        <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8217835>)
  * Build 7
      o Change DOM parser to not resolve EntityReference and add Text
        node with
        DocumentBuilderFactory.setExpandEntityReferences(false)
        (JDK-8206132 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8206132>)
  * Build 6
      o Base64.Encoder and Base64.Decoder methods can throw
        OutOfMemoryError (JDK-8210583
        <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8210583>)
  * Changes in this build
    <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/log?rev=reverse%28%22jdk-13%2B7%22%3A%3A%22jdk-13%2B8%22-%22jdk-13%2B7%22%29>