[hibernate-dev] ExtendedBeanManager

Benjamin Confino BENJAMIC at uk.ibm.com
Fri Mar 8 13:43:40 EST 2019

Thank you Yoann

Implementing the old interface has let me progress.

From:   Yoann Rodiere <yoann at hibernate.org>
To:     Benjamin Confino <BENJAMIC at uk.ibm.com>
Cc:     Hibernate Dev <hibernate-dev at lists.jboss.org>
Date:   08/03/2019 16:55
Subject:        Re: [hibernate-dev] ExtendedBeanManager
Sent by:        hibernate-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org

>From your stack trace, it seems that the object you pass to Hibernate ORM
is not correctly detected as implementing the ExtendedBeanManager.

And actually I just checked, and there seems to be a bug: we require the
object to implement the deprecated
org.hibernate.jpa.event.spi.jpa.ExtendedBeanManager interface, even though
we only need its parent class,
org.hibernate.resource.beans.container.spi.ExtendedBeanManager ...

I'll create a ticket for that. Until this is fixed, you will need to
implement the deprecated
org.hibernate.jpa.event.spi.jpa.ExtendedBeanManager.

Yoann Rodière
Hibernate NoORM Team
yoann at hibernate.org

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 at 17:30, Benjamin Confino <BENJAMIC at uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hello Yoann
>
> Indeed I have tried that as an experiment, I got the following error
when
> I did:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot cast class
> com.sun.proxy.$Proxy22 to interface
javax.enterprise.inject.spi.BeanManager
>         at java.lang.Class.cast(Class.java:2623)
>         at

org.hibernate.resource.beans.container.internal.CdiBeanContainerBuilder.fromBeanManagerReference(CdiBeanContainerBuilder.java:72)