[hibernate-dev] Remove or disable the WildFly feature packs of Hibernate ORM?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 15 18:01:47 EDT 2020

As we're working to upgrade to Jakarta EE 9, our feature packs for
Wildfly are not going to be functional for a while at least.

Not only do we have to upgrade to JPA 3, but we also need to upgrade
our integrations with a different Validator, a different CDI - none of
these are provided by WildFly yet.

I see several options:
 A] I could disable the feature pack generation and its integration tests.
 B] Keep generating and releasing a knowingly broken feature pack,
disable its integration tests, document this is work in progress.
 C] Delete all this stuff

Frankly it's tempting to just delete it all: WildFly has switched to a
new model which replaces the "feature pack" notion we have, so even if
Wildfly were to provide an Jakarta EE 9 build for us to run
integration tests sometimes soon I'm sadly quite certain that we'll
have to rethink how these packs are generated, and if it's still worth
for us doing this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,